Sunday, July 4, 2010

Art Advocacy Video and School Websites



Greetings!

Ok so I was an idealist and thought that I would be all over this blog when I started it back in January. Well, that didn't happen right away but I have renewed vigor, especially during summer break, and wanted to give it a go. There are far too few resources for art teachers in this world so I hope to do my part to assist my peers in furthering art education.

In today’s blog I’m keeping it light by adding a fun video. I have this video linked to my googlesite which is currently my school webpage. It is a fun way to do a little art advocacy on your art room webpage. You may want to consider looking art up on youtube or perhaps creating an art advocacy video of your own through iMovie for mac users or Movie Maker if you are a PC person.

If you don’t have a website for your school you may want to consider using a free web host like googlesite. It is extremely user friendly and visually dynamic. The only problem I have found is the file capacity for uploaded pictures. I have run into a problem with having reached my space limit. I would like to delete files and add new ones but can’t seem to get the system to let me. Please, don’t let that scare you away. It is awesome to use if you are new to web making and like I said it is FREE! This is the link to my site if you would like to see an example.

Mrs. Johnson's Art Class Site

A word of caution: find out your district’s policy on website use and student permission. Protect yourself, your school, your students, and the district from any messy disputes. My school district is moving toward using moodle sites. It is a “black board” style web host that is lacking in visual appeal but that is the way we need to go so they have more control over content and legal issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment